Danielle, Northampton.






Poem for Palestine

I thought about Palestine

and bought a single olive tree.

I think about Palestine

Every day. I see the tree

Planted in a pot

By the kitchen door.

When I see the tree,

I think of Palestine.

I go in and out the door

Every day. Every day

I think of Palestine.

Three years seeing and thinking

Has not produced any olives.

Ah, olive tree, so dear to me,

I know I have to plant

You out. Let your roots

Spread and roam,

Grow free





قصيدة لفلسطين مترجمة للفصحى 

فكرت في فلسطين

واشتريت شجرة زيتون وحيدة

أفكر في فلسطين

كل يوم، أرى الشجرة 

مزروعة في إصيص

بجانب باب المطبخ

حينما ارى الشجرة

أفكر في فلسطين

أدخل وأخرج من الباب

كل يوم، كل يوم

أفكر في فلسطين

ثلاث سنين أرى وافكر

 ما أثمر أي زيتون

آه، شجرة الزيتون، ياعزيزة علي 

اعرف اني لازم ازرعك 

بالأرض، خلي جذورك

تمتد وتجوب

تكبر حرة



 

Comments

Popular Posts